The Day I Finally #SayNoToNgilo with The Sensodyne Mouthwash


From time to time, I experience the unpleasant “pangingilo”. And it always happens every time I’m enjoying my desserts! Sad, but true. I can’t really say that I have sensitive teeth, nor do I have a healthy one. Investing to a good toothpaste and mouthwash is my budget-friendly dental care need. Did you know that 9 out of 10 Filipinos suffer from sensitive teeth or pangingilo? That’s why Sensodyne, the #1 sensitivity toothpaste in the Philippines, and recommended by dentists, affirmed its commitment to create a future where every Filipino is sensitivity-free with the “Say No to Ngilo” advocacy.


GSK and Sensodyne takes the advocacy a notch higher with the launch of “Great Little Moments” digital campaign which encourages Filipinos not only to “Say No to Ngilo,” but also share their experiences after converting to Sensodyne and how they are able to fully enjoy their great little moments sensitivity-free.




During the launch last June 5, 2015, Incoming Consumer Healthcare General Manager of GSK Philippines, Heather Pelier said: “With the start of the summer season, everyone is now looking for someplace or something cool, be it at the beach, the pool or even just a quick respite from the heat with some cold drinks or a cone of ice cream, but if you have sensitive teeth, enjoying those cold treats can be a bit tricky, but it’s more than just missing out on food. When you choose to just endure the pain, you do it at the expense of fully enjoying experiences and social occasions that go along with it, making you miss out on those great little moments with your loved ones”.


“Having sensitive teeth can mean anything from getting a mild twinge to having severe discomfort that can last for several hours. It can also be an early warning sign of more serious dental problems.” said Dr. Rannier Reyes of the Philippine Periodontal Society.


“For those who have sensitive teeth like me, I know you’d agree that it is not something you can just ignore. Sensitive teeth can ruin the mood of any romantic date, or stop you from enjoying those unforgettable moments with your loved ones,” Sensodyne brand ambassador, Luis Manzano shares.


For a student like me, having a mouthwash inside my bag is truly necessary. Having a fresher breath helps me to perform well during the class and participate more to the discussions with my professors. Now that Sensodyne have mouthwash, it will not just help me avoid the pangingilo but also gives me fresh breath.

Sensodyne Mouthwash has all the benefits of a regular mouthwash like providing lasting freshening effect, and fluoride to strengthen teeth and protect against decay. It’s alcohol-free plus it gives pangingilo relief. It has two variants (Cool Mint and Extra Fresh 250mL) at Php165 SRP. The mouthwash is distributed in major supermarkets and drugstores nationwide.

The digital campaign encourages consumers to share their “Great Little Moments” in the Sensodyne Philippines website (www.sensodyne.com.ph) by uploading a photo of a moment (eg. sipping hot chocolate, eating halo-halo, etc.) they can now fully enjoy because they are pangingilo-free. Winners of the contest will win a trip for two to South Korea.


From this day forward, I won’t let the pain of sensitivity get in the way and I officially and will always Say No to Ngilo and Yes to those Great Little Moments!