Silkygirl Matte Junkie Lip Cream and Go Matte Lip Color Review + Swatches

There are lots of beauty brands entering the Philippines with very reasonable prices. One of these brands is SilkyGirl Cosmetics. The first time I saw them was when I was looking around SM Department Store’s beauty section. I swatched some of their products, but did not buy anything. I was impressed, though, because they do look promising. So when they asked me to try and review their products, I said yes almost immediately. I have here right now are Silkygirl Matte Junkie Lip Cream and Silkygirl Go Matte Lip Color for today’s review.

Silkygirl Matte Junkie Lip Cream
Price: 299php
Where to buy: In all SM Department Stores and Watsons nationwide

Performance
For its price, I wasn’t really expecting much, but I was really surprised the moment I swatched these lip creams on. They are so pigmented anyone wouldn’t have thought that it only costs 300 bucks per jar! The colors are very nice and opaque even with just one swipe. I received 5 shades – Retro, Glamour, Rebel, Vintage, and Vixen, a combination of pink and nudes, red, and neon pink.

Glamour(02) and Vintage(04) almost have the same color when applied on the lips; they’re both nude pink that’s good for everyday wear. Retro(01) is a brownish pink shade that looks natural on the lips. Rebel(03) is a bright and almost neon pink color; honestly, this shade is my least favorite among the five – it’s so bright that it makes my skin look darker than it really is. Lastly, Vixen(05), true to its name, this shade is playful, red as you possibly imagine, bright and very dramatic, a perfect shade of red if I may say so.
These lip creams are 100% matte and dries pretty fast. It does not accentuate the lines of my lips and looks natural when applied. However, whenever I have it on, I am super aware of it; it’s not heavy, but the feels a bit uncomfortable especially if you put a couple of layers, it’s tolerable, though. I like it better when I mix it with my other lipsticks just to lessen the uncomfortable matte feeling on my lips. Exfoliation is a must before using it.

It is also 98% non-transfer, yet the longevity is something that needed to work on. Yes, it barely transfer to anything it touches, but it seems like it gets dissolved when eating and drinking is concern. My lips get bare every time water touches it. So yeah, the non-transfer thing is of no use. You’ll need to reapply to keep the color intact for a whole day.

---------------------------------------------------

Silkygirl Go Matte Lip Color
Price: 279php
Where to buy: In all SM Department Stores and Watsons nationwide

Performance

Compared to Matte Junkie Lip Cream, Go Matte Lip Color is more semi-matte than matte matte. They also have the same range of colors – pink, nudes, bright. It also seems like they are different versions of each other. Loud Fuchsia(09) is the same as Rebel with bright pink shade, Foxy Red(08) and Retro with brownish pink shade.  
If you look at it, the packaging is very simple; there’s nothing really special about it. I don’t know if it’s just me, but I think Silkygirl must improve in this regard. All four lipsticks I received have a very loose packaging. I don’t know how to say it, but I am having difficulty using these because every time I twist the product up and apply it directly on to my lips, it goes down on its own. I have to hold on to the part where I twist it just to keep it in place whenever I’m using it. It’s kind of annoying really and I don’t always have the time to use a lip brush.


Quality wise, these are very nice lipsticks. The color payoff is good, pigmented, and I also like this kind of finish – not too matte, not too shiny. Longevity is the same as the lip cream, but I’m not complaining. My favorite shades are Spicy Marsala(10) and Foxy Red(08), these are the ones I always combines with the lip creams and they do complement each other.


Overall
These two lip products of Silkygirl are a great deal. They both have nice shade selections that are perfect for all skin tones – especially morenas. It may not stay on for the whole day; I still find it better than using fake ones.

If you know other affordable brands, please share it with us on the comment box below.


To know more about Silkygirl's products, visit their website http://silkycosmetics.com/, and like their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/SILKYGIRL.Cosmetics/



BLOGLOVIN | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM
Disclosure: The product/s mentioned above was sent to me in exchange of my honest reviews/opinions. 
The above mentioned is 100% unbiased and is based on my own experience while using the products. Read TTY's full Disclosure Policy here.