Review: Missha The Style Velvet Gradation Tint

Somebody asked me why I keep on buying lip products, even though I already have tons. Call me obsess, but each time I am seeing a new shade of lipstick or even a lip tint, I just have this feeling that I should buy that product. Then I will realize that there is this lipstick/lip tint that I have with a very similar shade to my newly bought one. However, they may have the same shade, but they have different finish. Just like this Missha The Style Velvet Gradation Tint in Sangria wine that has the same color with my Etude House Rosy Tint Lips #8 After Blossom.

Missha The Style Velvet Gradation Tint. I pre-ordered it from Bae Lu last month and bought two out of five shades. It is one of the newest collections of Missha. Last month, Missha was having their early bird sale for these tints so I got these with 30% off. Lucky! 


I have two shades of Missha The Style Velvet Gradation Tint in Sangria wine & Fairy Coral. After reading some reviews on Naver, I instantly have the feeling; besides, I’m in the middle of search-for-the-best-pink-purple-ish-lipstick at the moment.
How does Missha The Style Velvet Gradation Tint differ to the other tints out there? In terms of the packaging, I think this is the classiest one. It’s in a sturdy plastic packaging, yes, but it has this glossy and sophisticated look on it.
Unlike the EH’s Rosy Tint Lips, Missha covered the lacking of EH’s by making it easy to pull out the product from its house. All you have to do is rotate the lower part of the stick for the tint to come out. That’s where it gets interesting because Missha, once again, gained another plus point by putting seven (7) holes on the cushion applicator of the tint that will look like a flower when the tint comes out. And it sure is pretty awesome!

Another thing that will surely impress you is how pigmented this tints are.

Sangria Wine is a perfect red wine color with pink undertone.

Fairy Coral is a subtle version of orange.

I prefer using Missha The Style Velvet Gradation Tint with a lip brush instead of its own applicator though. It’s actually a bit tricky. If you will use the applicator of this tint, you won’t get much pigment when you applied it to your lips. On the other hand, if you will use a lip brush, you will definitely, unquestionably, and undeniably full lip color! I almost got disappointed when I first used it then tried it applying using a brush then viola~ it’s beyond perfect. Especially Sangria Wine.
The finish is matte nevertheless it takes a couple of minutes to be fully dried on your lips to become matted. We all know that matte lipsticks/tints tend to stay much longer than moist finish ones, and so do Missha The Style Velvet Gradation Tint.

Eat, drink, talk all day and Missha The Style Velvet Gradation Tint will stay; not as vibrant as you put it on but there’s still a tint left that could last a whole day although it transfers. I don’t think there is any unpleasant scent either.


As much as I wanted to give these tints a perfect score, I couldn’t. It’s very drying to the lips and accentuates the dry areas. Which is given with every matte finish lipsticks and this one is no exception to that. 

Me wearing Missha The Style Velvet Gradation Tint in Sangria Wine ♥

Bottom line: Missha The Style Velvet Gradation Tint is a must-have and a must-try product. It has a nice color payoff and impressive staying power.

So far, I’m currently in-love with Sangria Wine!



Overall Experience:   4/5
Missha The Style Velvet Gradation Tint, 4.5g
Price: KRW10, 800 | USD10.56
Pre-order at: Bae Lu - Local 


WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR IN A LIP PRODUCTS?

xoxo, M.
FOLLOW ME ON: FACEBOOK | TWITTER | GOOGLE+ | BLOGLOVIN | INSTAGRAM