TonyMoly Red Appletox Honey Cream Review

“An apple a day, keep the doctors away”. Or should it be like this: An appletox a day, keep the dry skin away”? Either is good, yes?

Most of the skincare products were made of lemon extracts, but TonyMoly has been really creative ever since they entered the beauty market – especially when it comes to any fruit-based products. I know, because I have had my fair share of them, from their Tomatox to their Peach hand cream. Feeling like I should try each of their small fruit-skincare collection, I have now their Appletox Honey Cream.


I believe there are two variants of Appletox; the one is a peeling gel, and honey cream – I have the latter, obviously. That is also probably the reason why they named it Red Appletox, to distinguish what is what between the two. 
Because of the lack of information on the packaging, I really don’t have any idea what’s in this cream. Like, at all. The sticker under the cute apple container contains writings in Korean (it is the major problems with Korean cosmetics), so it didn’t help. In the end, I have to do some research. Thankfully, I was able to find the list of ingredients online. FYI, knowing what’s in the product you’re using is very important. If it happens that there is an ingredient that’s unfamiliar with you, you’ll know it is the one that caused you to break out.


The product itself is really not that yellow. It’s a little lighter than that, and almost transparent when you scoop it out (it came with a plastic spatula, by the way). Also, it’s definitely not a cream too; it’s more like a gel to me. Red Appletox Honey Cream is sticky when applied onto the face. Yet, the skin absorbs it right up after a couple of minutes. So, I don’t have to deal with a sticky face every now and then. I am not sure if it has a cooling ingredients, but I always find this cream a little cold, it’s barely noticeable, but enough for a girl who grew up in a tropical country to notice. Did I mention how great it smells? Well, if you love apple, you will certainly love this one too. It smells like a freshly cut apples, and that alone is enough to make me feel so refreshed at night.
According to TonyMoly, Red Appletox Honey Cream has an exfoliating component too. That made me confused a little bit at first: if it’s some sort of exfoliator too, is this supposed to be used on a daily basis or just a couple of times a week? I tried using it every day for a week and there wasn’t any problem; I also used it three times a week and still no difference. No breakouts, no anything. I opted to use it as an overnight mask with my current skincare routine (Nature Republic Snail Solution Set) under and the result is simply amazing. I noticed is how my skin glows after I use it. My skin feels like satin after using this cream, no joke!  This also made my foundation easy to apply because of how it makes my skin smoother. It hydrates my skin like I have used three different moisturizers at once! Le skin is always thanking me afterwards. It doesn’t control oiliness, but I think it’ll work just fine for those with oily skin. It’s not that heavy, you’ll simply feel like it is because of the gel-like consistency, but is actually just right. 
TonyMoly Red Appletox Honey Cream will surely keep your skin healthy              an           and smells wonderful like a fresh apple.


TonyMoly Red Appletox Honey Cream, 80mL, Around Php500+ / USD9.33
Available at: Q-depot or in any TonyMoly branches nationwide